Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Bitchin’ Biker Bars - Livin’ High on the Hog

Motorcycle weather has reared its head, and it's time to dust off the old panhead and take 'er out for a spin. So where ya gonna go? Somewhere that like-minded folks congregate, like say... a biker bar? Yep, that's what I thought too. Here are a bunch of hog-worthy spots to munch some lunch.

Bitchin’ Biker Bars - Livin’ High on the Hog

There was a time when the notion of bikers stirred up images of bad boys like Marlon Brando and James Dean. Biker bars were pretty much confined to outlaw “club” houses, for organizations like the Bandidos Motorcycle Club, the Pagans, and the Hell's Angels, and you were only allowed in if you were sporting your “colors”. These were places to fear and keep at a distance.

As the popularity of Harley-Davidson and motorcycling have enjoyed expansion to include devotees from a much wider demographic, the number of places for bikers to congregate has also seen a renaissance of growth. In fact, Biker bars have even made it onto mainstream reality TV, with the show “Ma’s Roadhouse” on truTV, which is incidentally filmed right here in Dallas, at Rick Fairless’ Strokers, on Harry Hines.

The Metroplex leads the country in many food and drink categories, and biker bars are no exception. I’ve listed about fifteen joints here. Many are in the immediate Dallas area, but I’ve also included a few watering holes on the outskirts of town, for those who want a bit of a ride to go along with their refreshments and festivities.
So whether you’re a 1 percenter (99% of motorcyclists are law abiding citizens, the remaining 1% consider themselves to be hardcore bikers), riding a “Bar Hopper” (a motorcycle that’s uncomfortable on long rides, but customized to the 9’s - hardtails fall into this category), you’re a R.U.B. (Rich Urban Biker), or a four-wheeler, here are some biker friendly ginmills to wet your whistle and rest your rump. You also might just hear some good classic rock or find a decent bite to eat in the process!

Rick Fairless’ Strokers
9304 Harry Hines Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75235
(214) 357-6530

4 Horse Saloon

9530 Camp Bowie
Fort Worth, TX 76116
(817) 560-7654

Box Car
2222 Bear Creek Rd.
Cedar Hill, TX 75104
(972) 223-0092

Chasers Lounge
2932 N. Buckner Blvd.
Dallas, TX 75228
(214) 324-5584

Dawgs N Hawgs
310 E. Louisiana Street
McKinney, TX 75069
(972) 542-9640

Diamond Jim's Saloon
305 N. Great Southwest Pkwy.
Arlington, TX 76011
(817) 633-2838

Softails Bar & Grille
4122 W. US Hwy 80
Terrell, TX 75160
(972) 524-1055

Gators Jam Inn II
4000 Airport Fwy.
Fort Worth,TX 76111
(817) 222-9500

Hank's Texas Grill
1310 N. Central Expy.
Mckinney, TX 75070
(972) 542-5144

The Joint
1402 Justin Rd.
Lewisville, TX 75077
(972) 966-0055

Keller’s Drive-In
6537 E. NW Hwy.
Dallas, TX 75231
(214) 368-1209

Marie Reds Bar
3007 E. Abram St.
Arlington, TX 76010
(817) 652-0868

Monkeys Pub & Grub

7340 HWY 78, Suite 500
Sachse, TX
(972) 941-8300

Reno's Chop Shop Saloon
210 N. Crowdus St.
Dallas, TX 75226
(214) 744-1200

432 S. Main St.
Grapevine, TX 76051
(817) 481-7511

As we get into the awesome Spring weather of North Texas, enjoy the days and get out on your bikes for a ride and some camaraderie, before the dog days of Dallas Summer heat up the blacktops to a liquid state and melt our Ice Houses.
Watch your softtail!

1 comment:

  1. Well its time to return to the US of A from Manchester UK. Landing in DFW next week and already missing my bike . See ya around @road2mancheser on twitter roadto Manchester on facebook